Friday, May 20, 2011

A important note on Custom Orders...

To my wonderful (and understanding) LW customers... After a lot of thought and consideration I have come to the decision that I will no longer be taking custom orders following each release for the foreseeable future. This does not apply to orders I have already scheduled in, yours will be completed as discussed :)

I understand that some of you may be disappointed, however this allows me to spend more time putting together a gorgeous collection for you each month and will result in more clutches being available. I work much better, efficiently and creatively in a no-stress or deadline environment, and it will also allow me to take a day/night off without feeling guilty because I know I have customers waiting on orders.

I will still be taking on special occasion orders for weddings and other social events you may have, but these will be strictly limited and with 3 months advance notice only. I have bookings for weddings as far as October 2012 with some months already fully booked, so if this is something you have been thinking about doing please consider booking your dates in now.

Also on the subject of special occasion orders, if you request a specific colour or style that needs to be ordered in especially for you there may be a surcharge for delivery. About 90% of my supplies come from overseas and until now I've been ordering in special silks or other fabrics for custom orders and just copping the international delivery rates because I've been too afraid to ask for the extra to cover them. This is something I do need to change as it would not be a profitable business if I continue to try to absorb these extra delivery costs for special orders. If I have planned a supplies order already and you are happy to wait until my next order is placed then there will be no extra cost.

I don't consider this change to be a negative thing, I actually feel quite relieved to have put this down into words as I've been very stressed trying to keep up with demand and deadlines and I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders knowing that I will have a bit more time to get the creative juices flowing and actually create some of the many new designs and styles I have in my sketch book to bring to my customers.

Thanks so much for your continued support and encouragement, I'm so blessed to have such wonderful customers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment